Friday 4 May 2018

Touching Poem: I Will Be Back Again. (Photo)

Poem: I will be back again.
Poet: Hashim Yussuf Amao
www.hashimyousuph.blogspot.com

       I will be back again.
I know in this my mission I might not return
With your tears I can clearly read your thoughts
Albeit this might be my last tour,
But I had no option than to answer the clarion call.


While I embark on my mission in protection of others
This may be our last time of seeing each other
Weep less my darlings
For those negative thoughts, damn it!


I'm going back to the severe cold
I'm returning to the unfriendly zone
Where our day starts 0400hours
Unlike here where it starts 0700hours.

Now I will return to the hand of merciless instructors
Through whom we wake via jumping up
However, like Olapade Mahmud Madawaki
 I will be back to wearing my hard Khaki
Alas, seeing no wife or son around to kiss
Thus, undoubtedly I will miss my own very family.


I hope my life ends not on this mission
I hope I return for jubilation
Even while I must not jettison the positive aim
I hope to see my family again
I hope the perseverance bring to me untainted fame
I hope and promise I will be back again.


Dedicated to all militants out there(Olapade Mahumud and co.) You need not to tell us, we know how you feel. We respect and appreciate your perseverance,passion and dedication for the protection of our dear country. Keep being positive, may the good God always protect you.


✍: Ibn_Hashim
©:2018
+2348143905271