Wednesday 23 May 2018

Dedicated to Nigeria. Poem: Follow Me To Where I Live. (Photos)


Poem: Follow Me To Where I Live.
Poet: Hashim Yussuf Amao
www.hashimyousuph.blogspot.com

Follow me to where I live.
Follow me to a pathetic place on earth
Follow me to a place so exposed to plights
Follow me to a nation that will make you shed tears
Follow me to my country Nigeria.


Follow me to where I was born and bred,
How do you wish we journey, by road or air?
If by road, be ready to dance without beats.
If by air... Well no galloping up there.

I hope you will cope with the situation of my country
When I take you there,  won't you weep for my country?
I pray you cope and get along with my country,
Like its citizens who have already been adapted to their destined country.

A nation with around 198million residents
Being led by wicked and corrupt leaders cum presidents
A nation where people personally pick those who inflicts on them
Follow me to my dear country Nigeria.

A country blessed with mineral resources
Yet, its citizens suffers insidiously
A nation where from social amenities, many lack.
Follow me to my dear country Nigeria.


What a funny yet sardonic country I live
A country where psychopaths and maniacs lead
Diverting the country's wealth to personal pockets
Yet they get hailed by poverty stricken heads.

In the country I live;
We pass days without electricity,
We're encourage to learn despite no job opportunities,
We have no access to good health care when we're being sick.

Can you still cope along with my country's atmosphere?
Are you sure you can bear with us here?
Have I also told you, for you to get there here,
You have to know someone up there.

The leaders in my country are redundant predators
Turning the citizens to their prey
Even while they should long for our betterment
When will my country start setting the pace?

A chameleon they say will ever remain a chameleon,
No matter the color it adopts now or later.
But with believe my country will change and rise aeon
The 9ja area will change, be it now, be it later.

By the next time I will invite you;
Prayers, strivings and  love would have make my nation great!
My dear country would have been awesome again!!
I so believe it would have landed at the shore of grace!!!

God bless Nigeria.
✍: Ibn_Hashim
+2348143905271
©: 2018