Thursday 24 May 2018

Poem: For My Then Class Mates. (Photo)

Poetry: For my then class mates.
Poet: Hashim Yussuf Amao
www.hashimyousuph.blogspot.com

For my then class mates.
If you ask me about people who are not bane
I will inform you of my secondary school class mates
Who are now lil-men and pretty dames
Paradigms who have been destined for fame.


A lot of memorable years were spent with them
While then we all gather as G.S.S.S students
Being amidst them I will say was a privilege
For indeed unforgettable are those Winne moments.


Since 2013 we've all departed
Everyone going his or her way hoping for the best
Hence, in our lives a lot has happened,
It's still okay, for life is baleful.


As I type this,
Hot streak of tears slowly make its journey down my cheek.
Well... You might be right if you think it's that of joy,
But pardon me to answer in denunciation, its for loss.


My memory drew back to a humble man
It won't be a calumny referring to him as a titan
At a tender age he kicked the bucket
Ajibola Musiliu, this fifth and sixth stanzas I dedicate to you as dirge.


Some of the memories with you are still intact here,
The 'name name name game' we cheered with still stays in my upstair,
How sweet would have it been if you'd been among us today.
But the irresistible death for the price has made you pay.


In my hopes, God forgive your shortcomings,
Overlook your transgressions.
And to we left, may God grant us all mouthwatering elevations.
And to all our heartfelt desires, may He answer in affirmation.


#Dedicated to Govt. Sen. Sec. Sch (Orita-Aperin Ibadan) 2013 Art dept. students.
It's a privilege being amidst fabulous people like you guys. Memories shared together shall never be forgotten.
I so pray we meet at top places in the nearest future. Love you guys.


Ibn_Hashim
©:2018
+2348143905271